Information & Communication Technology means: –
- Any computer equipment, software, hardware or firmware sold, manufactured, produced, installed, repaired, serviced, treated, distributed, licensed or shared by the professionals
- Any service, advice or work provided by the professionals in relation to the above and also the provision of data processing, data communication services provided by the professionals
What is covered?
ICT liability insurance provides cover for: –
- indemnifies professionals against legal liability for any claim in respect of negligent acts , errors or omissions incurred in the provision of information & communication technology
- indemnifies professionals against the amounts which he/she becomes legally liable to pay by way of compensation in respect of personal injury and property damage
legal costs and expenses incurred in the defense and / or settlement of claim brought against the Insured, with the written consent of the insurer
A computer consultant was employed to develop a new accounting system for a client to prepare a comprehensive set of annual accounts. The consultant overlooked some aspects, which led to defect of the system. The financial data was in a terrible mess and some were even lost. The company claimed against the consultant for the resulting financial losses.
Types of Profession Covered
- Software developer
- Hardware designer / manufacturer / importer
- Telecommunication service provider
- Data communication service provider (ISP)
- Data processing / warehousing service provider
- Computer / IT consultant
What to do in the event of a claim?
The insured shall give notice in writing to the insurance company immediately of any claim made against the Insured or the discovery by the Insured of any loss, or any circumstances of which the Insured becomes aware which are likely to give rise to such a claim or loss.
The insured shall not admit liability for or settle any claim or incur any costs or expenses in connection therewith without consent of the insurer.
How to obtain a quotation?
Clients should complete the ICT Liability Insurance proposal form in order to provide information relating to scope of services, annual fee income, claim history, etc for underwriting purposes.
If you have already completed your renewal form send it to us by fax 03-91332661 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or Call Patrick Low on 012-3737555 to see what we can do for you.